Moringa Powder Leaf is another popular superfood sold in green powder form. There are many brands available on Amazon. I’d like to review a couple of these products after citing many of Moringa’s benefits and uses. Moreover, my favorite green powder supplement, Vitamineral Green, includes Moringa Leaf as an ingredient.
Moringa Oleifera is called “the miracle tree” because of its high nutritional content. The tree grows in tropical and sub-tropical regions, particularly India, Asia, and Africa. The leaves are used for their nutritional content, while the seeds and seed pods are eaten as a vegetable and/or ground for oil extraction.
The ancient Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians used Moringa for a variety of medicinal purposes including antifungal, antidepressant, anti-inflammatory and antiviral. It is commonly known as ‘drumstick tree’ or ‘horseradish tree’.
Moringa can withstand both severe drought and mild frost conditions. In the United States, many people grow Moringa trees. Southern and western states have the best climates. The Moringa loses its leaves when the average temperature drops below 70 degrees.
Moringa is used as a potential antioxidant, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic and antimicrobial agent. M. oleifera seed, a natural coagulant, is extensively used in water treatment.
Check below for more detail on Morigina’s benefits and some options on where to purchase Moringa green powder.
Health Benefits of Moringa Leaf Powder
1. Nutrient Dense
Moringa also contains significant amounts of Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3 as well as folate and Vitamin C, E, Calcium, Potassium, Iron and Magnesium. The leaves have 7 times more Vitamin C than oranges and 15 times more potassium than bananas.
Antioxidants are in abundance. These types of nutrients boost the immune system and protect the cells from damage.
One cup of fresh, chopped leaves (21 grams) contains
Protein: 2 grams
Vitamin B6: 19% of the RDA
Vitamin C: 12% of the RDA
Iron: 11% of the RDA
Riboflavin (B2): 11% of the RDA
Vitamin A (from beta-carotene): 9% of the RDA
Magnesium: 8% of the RDA
Moringa seeds are low in calories, but rich in vitamins, minerals, and essential amino acids.
2. Blood Sugar Regulation
One study demonstrated Moringa may be effective in stabilizing blood glucose and lipid concentration. Hence, Moringa has the potential to aid with the prevention of Diabetes.
A study of six people with diabetes determined that adding 50 grams of moringa leaves to a meal reduced blood sugar by 21% .
3. Reduces Inflammation
Inflammation is the body’s reaction to injury or infection. During this process, white blood cells are sent to attack invaders such as bacteria and viruses. It is a necessary reaction designed to protect the body.
However, often the inflammation becomes chronic; thus leading to diseases related to the heart and cancer.
Studies have demonstrated Moringa has anti-inflammatory properties.
Another study demonstrated moringa seed extract can diminish ulcerative colitis symptoms in mice.
4. Can Be Used for Water Purification
Moringa seeds antimicrobial properties allow them to aid in the process of water purification. When the oil is extracted from the moringa seeds, a protein-rich “cake” is left behind. This residue can be used in water purification because of its ability to inhibit bacteria growth.
5. Moringa Fights Arsenic Toxicity
One study showed Moringa leaves can reduce arsenic toxicity in mice.
Long-term exposure to arsenic increases the risk of cancer and heart disease. Arsenic contamination in food and water is prevalent throughout the world.
6. Protein Source
For those who are vegan or who desire to reduce the amount of animal diet in their diets, moringa powder is a viable option as an alternative protein source. 2 grams of Moringa Ultimate contains 1 gram of protein. The seed kernel has as much as 23% protein. The whole seeds can also be eaten green, roasted or powdered.
7. Hormonal Balance
A study of menopausal women who consumed a combination of moringa leaf powder and amaranth leaf powder for three months demonstrated the following benefits: lower oxidative stress, better fasting blood glucose and increased hemoglobin levels. The latter two benefits play a role in hormonal balance.
Furthermore, Moringa powder has been linked with improved thyroid health.
8. Digestive Aid
Moringa leaf powder contains about 30% fiber, most of it insoluble. The fiber in the Moringa can alleviate digestive issues.
Moringa is a natural antibiotic and antibacterial and may help inhibit the growth of various pathogens that can cause poor digestion and an upset stomach.. A study on mice demonstrated that it can improve gut bacteria.
9. Helps Alleviate Migraines.
This a benefit that I discovered that interested me while researching this article. A few months ago I suffered two migraines about three weeks apart. I had been searching for a herbal remedy to alleviate the symptoms
There are many other purported benefits of Moringa powder. I decided to cite most ones I found to be the most notable.
Other Benefits of Moringa Powder
- Alleviates atherogenic index (a measurement to gauge a person’s of various cardiovascular diseases)
- Firms up and adds radiance to skin
- Improves concentration and mental alertness
- Boosts energy and stamina
- Increases endurance levels
- Strengthens muscles
- Removes toxins from body
- Aids metabolism
- Promotes sound sleep
- Removes anxiety
- Treats depression
- Good for pregnant mothers
Moringa Ultimate by Green Virgin Products
If you’re looking for a high-quality product then I’d suggest considering Moringa Ultimate by Green Virgin Products. Admittedly, the price is expensive compared to other products. Generally, a Moringa powder will cost about $15 to $25 on Amazon.
Moringa Ultimate costs $59,95 for 120 grams of powder. Personally, I attempt to purchase the best products possible when choosing nutrition supplementation. For example, I’ll shun cheap mutli-vitamin bottles in favor of the more expensive, nutrient-dense, green powder supplements derived from real, healthy food.
Why is Moringa Ultimate is the Best Powder?
1) Wild Crafted Sourcing – The Moringa is gathered from plants grown in the wild; their product is not planted on a farm. Their Moringa is sourced atop a mountain, 10 miles away from human activity. In other words, no pesticides or other chemical products are sprayed upon it. The natural breezes and dense, damp air is the perfect setting for moringa trees to thrive.
Note – a product can be certified organic while using pesticides. Products that Wild Crafted definitely will not have any pesticides.
2) Far-Infrared Drying System – Such a drying system allows the moringa to be dried completely within hours. On the other hand, using the old method of Shade Drying can cause the drying process to last weeks. Far-infrared light also destroys bacteria, mold, and mildew. I’d recommend buying a product that only applies to this method. Otherwise, the moringa becomes susceptible to bacteria and mold.
3) Moringa Ultimate Powder Is Harvested And Packaged Within Eight Hours. Hence, the nutrients are preserved and the powder remains fresh.
4) Their packaging prevents oxidation. The combination of light and oxygen sets the clock ticking on the inevitable reality that any type of food will soon become inedible. Moringa is particularly sensitive to oxidation once it is harvested and dried. Most other brands will have a dull color; hence, most of the nutritional value of the moringa powder has faded by the time the product is received.
The Moringa Ultimate Method ensures that the moringa has not been tainted by exposure to oxygen and light. They seal it securely with a special oxygen absorber. It takes an added expense to process the moringa in this manner, which can be demonstrated by Green Virgin product’s higher price compared to other products.
Statement From Green Virgin Products
“At Green Virgin Products, we have always aimed to deliver the highest quality healthy products. When we first learned of moringa and how it was impacting lives around the world, we knew there would be a need for it here in the United States. After sampling numerous moringa products from some of the largest and most reputable moringa manufacturers, we noticed a problem; all the moringa was oxidized. The once nutrient packed leaves were a faded green or brownish color and had little nutrition left. We consulted with scientists and growers for months to find the most effective and practical method to cultivate, process, and package our moringa. It was not easy and it took us countless hours of research before we perfected our final method, but it was all worth it. There is no doubt that our moringa is by far the highest quality in the world. You can rest assured that when you get your moringa from us, it will be as fresh and potent as the day it was picked. That’s why we call all of our moringa – Moringa Ultimate!”
Personally, I found this to be an intriguing statement regarding the dull color of other products. In the past, I have noticed dull colors on certain types of powders and supplements. This should be a helpful type going forward when judging the quality of different green powders.
Green powders such as Vitamineral Green and Enerfood have a dark color.
If you’re seeking the best Morigina powder then buy Moringa Ultimate; however, another great product contains Moringa, ie. Vitamineral Green.
Vitamineral Green is the green powder drink that I most often use. The manufacturer, Healthforce SuperFoods, practices the Wild Crafted Method with its assorted products. Furthermore, there are many different ingredients in Vitamineral Green. A wide range of superfoods will be instilled into your diet by consuming this powder.
So, if you’re seeking a well-rounded product that contains Moringa powder than Vitamineral Green would be a wise choice.
How to Prepare Moringa Powder?
Are green powders a waste of money? That is a question often asked. I think the list of benefits of Moringa leaf proves that green powders are not a waste of money. Their use has made me healthier and inspired me to practice healthier dietary habits. Now, what is the best way to use green powders such as Moringa Ultimate or Vitamineral Green?
1. Mix a teaspoon of green powder with water. This is perhaps the simplest but the least pleasing to the pallet and wasteful. Often, the powder sticks to the sides of the glass.
2. Mix the powder with a meal such as a salad.
3. Mix the green powder with a smoothie. This is my favorite method and the one I’ve practiced over the past decade or so. I bought a Vitamix and it became my wisest purchase. I’ll mix superfoods such as carrots, berries, beets, spinach, etc with a green powder such as Enerfood or Pure Synergy. The result will be a powerful healthy morning smoothie for breakfast containing all the daily required vitamins and minerals. If you’re serious about your health then I’d suggest buying a Vitamix and trying one of the green powders, including Moringa Ultimate.
Buy Moringa Ultimate
If you’re seeking a powerful food that can alleviate numerous health benefits then I’d suggest buying Moringa Ultimate. It is the best product on the market and its manufactured in an efficient manner that allows the plant to maintain all of its nutritional integrity.
Then, buy a Vitamix and began mixing your own smoothies. The new decade has been a time of uncertainty During such an epoch is imperative to feed your body proper nutrition in order to handle the stress of the day.
Buy Moringa Ultimate if you’re seeking a top-level product.