Health Jim’s harvest right freeze dryer review:
Due to growing political uncertainty and the onslaught of recent natural disasters, there has been a growing trend among families of having an emergency preparation plan. I’ve heard from many sources that the food supply from supermarkets wouldn’t extend beyond a few days. Moreover, large international corporations like Monsanto essentially have monopolies over the food supply.
Hence, individual families and people have been implementing various strategies to survive in case of disaster. One of the tactics has been the practice of home freeze-drying food. Besides the emergency angle, freeze-drying has other practical purposes.
I’d like to review a popular home freeze drying machine that has earned 5-star ratings on various websites. The Harvest Right freeze dryer is an industry leader and worthy of consideration for someone interested in purchasing a home freeze drying machine.
What is a Home Freeze Drying Machine?
A home freeze drying machine is a piece of equipment that executes a water machine removal process typically used to preserve perishable materials. A home freeze dryer functions by freezing the material, then reducing the pressure and adding heat to allow the frozen water in the material to sublimate (dry).
Freeze Drying removes all of the water from any food product while retaining the cellular structure and nutrition. Dehydration kills 30-50% of the nutrition because heat is used to dry it. There are many foods that can be freeze dried but could never be dehydrated.
Freeze Drying Process
Here are the basic steps of freeze drying food.
- Freeze – The freeze drying machine cools the food to such a point that melting will not occur. Instead, the food will dry during the following step. The freezing occurs rapidly in order to prevent the formation of large ice crystals which would possibly puncture the cell walls of the food. Typically, the temperature goes beyond 40 below freezing.
- Vacuum – After the food freezes, the home freeze drying machine creates a vacuum surrounding the food. As the food is slightly warmed, the ice sublimates and the food transforms from a solid to a gas. As a result, water vapor is discarded.
- Dry – The food sublimates as heat is added. The water molecules are removed from the food to a level of 1-5% residual moisture. Then, the food is sealed in moisture and oxygen-proof packaging to ensure freshness until being opened.
- Time to Eat – Add water, that’s all you have to do. The food will regain its original fresh flavor, aroma, texture and appearance.
Benefits of Freeze Drying
- Whole Food Nutrition – Prepackaged, processed food include unhealthy additives and preservatives that can cause health issues. These concerns are avoided by freeze drying.
- Freeze-drying retains nutritional value better than other food storage methods, such as canning, freezing, and dehydrating. Furthermore, the color, shape of the original product, flavor and aroma will be preserved when using a home freeze drying machine.
- Versatility – The freeze drying process is compatible with any type of diet or nutritional need. Moreover, the end product can be cut or ground in different shapes and forms. The food can be used in its whole form, as a powder, or blended. Therefore, it can be used in a variety of ways such as cereals, snacks, or smoothies.
- Prolonged Shelf Life – Moisture content has a direct influence on the lifespan of any foodstuff. The freeze drying process removes the water, hence eliminating bacteria growth.
- Emergency Preparation – Past generations understood the value of having a storage of food in the pantry in case of a crisis. This has been forgotten wisdom with the dawning of modern society and the development of supermarkets. By using a harvest right home freeze drying machine the taste and the nutritional quality of food can be maintained for 25 years.
- Eliminates Waste – Home freeze drying eliminates the waste of foodstuffs. Families can avoid this waste by when using food freeze dyers.
Home freeze drying machine prices
Harvest Right offers a home freeze drying machine with three different sizes.
Small is $1,995
Medium is $2,195
Large is $2,995
This appears in line with standard home freeze drying machine prices in terms of similar quality equipment.
Here are some ways a harvest right home freeze dryer will save you money:
- Bulk Buying – A Harvest Right Freeze Dyer allows a family to buy goods in bulk and hence lower their grocery bills.
- Preservation of Garden Produce – People can avoid wasting their toil and yields on home gardens. Any extra vegetables or fruit can be stored via their Harvest Right Freeze Dryer. Moreover, it could serve as motivation for anyone considering starting their own gardens.
- Long-Term storage – A Harvest Right Freeze Dryer is a cheaper alternative than buying freeze-dried food from a large, commercial company. By having your own machine, money will be saved over the long haul, while not having additives and preservatives being added to the food. It’s similar to buying a Vitamix blender. There is a large upfront cost but you’ll appreciate the savings five years later.
Harvest Right Home Freeze Dryer
The Harvest Right Home Freeze Dryer has the capacity to freeze dry two gallons with each 24-hour batch. This would equal approximately 400 gallons of food annually.
Size – 30 x 20 x 25, will fit on a counter or a cart
Easy setup – simply connect the vacuum pump and then plug it into an outlet.
Food can be stored for 25 years
Commercial-grade pump included
12-inch impulse sealer
Worth a Look
Whether you’re interested in storing food for an emergency, developing a long-term costs savings plan, or seeking a method of making more efficient use of home garden produce then a home freeze drying machine seems like a desirable solution.
Freeze drying is healthier and more efficient than other methods of food storage. A $2,000 or so investment is a hefty price; however, I’ve learned with a Vitamix machine that a high-quality piece of equipment eventually saves cost over the long-term.
A harvest right home freeze drying machine is a well-respected leader in the industry. Click for further information.